Today was definitely a bit of a bleak one, all things considered…! Through some horrible twist of fate, my chronic knee pain has prevented me from standing, sitting, walking, climbing, or really existing in any comfortable position that isn’t totally limp. The remaining postures that don’t stimulate said pain aren’t really comfortable to draw in, so I’ve been in a bit of a rut both physically and artistically.
But, I did want to try and hash out something and I’ve noticed that I’ve been getting tripped up more and more when it comes to a convenient way to start setting up the construction for a figure that isn’t too complex or too vacant and silhouette-like. This ‘new’ method that involves a load of cylinders and rectangular prisms is meant to help newbies like me who don’t have the energy to learn every single muscle name, but I can’t seem to get it to a point where I can say, “Oh yeah, that’ll do!”
If I rely on a skeleton, my proportions suffer. If I rely on three primitives, everything gets stiff. There has GOT to be a happy median between these two that works for me. Ah well, I’ll figure it out.